23 Feb Olive paste
Posted at 18:11h in Recipes with Anchovy
Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until a homogeneous mix is created.
Alternatively a mortar can be used.
Keep refrigerated in a jar, dropping a little oil on top of the mixture.
- 20-30 pitted Kalamata olives
- 10-15 pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 thickly cut anchovy fillets
- 4-5 finely sliced garlic cloves
- 1 hot chili pepper
- 1 cupful thickly crushed cashew nuts or conifer
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 small fistful of basil leaves